Julie's New Do

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It is always shocking when you hear that a childhood friend has Cancer.  I mean, what?!   We are too young to have Cancer, right?   I mean, we have little kids that depend on us, we have a whole life in front of us!    Well, WRONG... Cancer does not discriminate, Cancer can happen to any of us... Cancer can look like this.......

But Cancer just met Julie, and it is going to have a rude awakening because she is kicking Cancer's bootie!!!    A few weeks ago Julie called me and wanted me to take pictures of her girls shaving her head.  To be honest, my heart jumped into my throat and I stammered a bit and I said... OF COURSE... and then...I got scared.  I mean why in the world should I be scared?  All I have to do is click some pictures, be there to support her, and give her the gift of memories.   All she has to do is FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.  Seems easy enough, right?   So, I went, I joined in on an amazing evening of family, friends, champagne, love, laughs, and tears.   It touched me more than I can express...here is the story of Julie's hair... long and beautiful as it was, it is now short and spunky and GOSH, if anyone can pull of a good looking bald head it is Julie!!






Hair we go......

some girl is going to be so lucky to have that pretty mane!   Donated to Locks of Love







see, I told you she had a pretty bald head!






Presley turning her Mom into a Super Hero...cuz, she is!


The girls that surround her, from childhood...her lifeline, for sure.

and this is the Kauffman's...while they kick Cancer's bootie.  




 If you want to keep up with Julie's healing journey,  please visit her inspiring website Julie is My Mom.    You can even donate there and find out about the latest fundraisers.

For now... keep praying for this beautiful family!!

I love you Julie, I love your family, I love your strength and you GO GIRL!!! 

xoxo ~m*












No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest